The Acropack system consists of Hydropack in a slope configuration and a system to affix Hydropack to the sloped surface. Please refer to the Hydropack maintenance guide in addition to the following specificities.
- In a slope configuration steeper than 15%, irrigation is necessary for the plants to survive. The maintenance of Acropack must include the maintenance of the irrigation system, either sprinklers or drip irrigation.
- Early spring, after the last frost, start the irrigation again and verify that all sprinklers work or that the drip lines are all working. You might have to replace or realign the drip lines as they sometimes slide in the winter. Be sure to reprogram the irrigation frequencies and doses.
- Late spring, reprogram the irrigation frequencies and doses appropriate summer months. Vegetal i.D. can help you to decide the appropriate irrigation program.
- Late summer, adjust the irrigation program again to prepare for fall conditions.
- In the late fall, before the first freeze, the irrigation system will need to be winterized. Again, it is imperative to do this before the first frost of the year.
The Hydropack system is ideal for slope applications because it comes fully vegetated which limits erosion of the soil. It is important to keep full coverage on the green roof all year to limit erosion of the soil. If you start seeing bare spots on the sloped roof, add new vegetation and secure it to the surface using a nest. Affix the nest to the sides of the trays with zip ties or another anchoring system.